What is a Parent Navigator?
I am skilled at understanding your child's unique situation, obtaining appropriate evaluations and establishing sensible priorities in a compassionate, supportive environment. I am knowledgeable, passionate and able to provide an objective perspective on meeting your child's needs. I am skilled at collaborating with schools, therapists and other helping professionals. I will facilitate parent's efforts in advocating for their child as well as train parents to become their child's best advocate.
Why would I need to hire a Parent Navigator?
Parent Navigators are an excellent resource for parents when:
- You or others identify that your child is struggling academically, emotionally and/or socially motivating you to seek answers to the root causes of these struggles.
- You need help understanding and navigating the numerous hurdles necessary to get your child the most appropriate help and support.
- You need help accessing and interpreting evaluations for your child.
- You feel overwhelmed by the communication demands, meetings, and details of special education services.
- You need the support and expert knowledge of someone who is familiar with your child, understands available resources and processes, and can stay objective in the pursuit of the best options.
- You are seeking helping professionals within the community and you need help finding these talented individuals.